TAG is an all-volunteer organization. The quality and amount of our work depends solely on the powerful and creative potential of our members and allies.
To join us as a registered member, e-mail us at email@example.com or just introduce yourself at the next event! We look forward to meeting you.
TAG Member Responsibilities
- Share a commitment to the mission and platform.
- Attend meetings, become informed about other projects, and provide feedback.
- Become involved in ongoing projects.
- Help plan events and actions.
- Show up to events and actions.
- Liaison to your school.
Ways to Plug in
- ItAGs: Facilitate, participate, promote.
- Annual Curriculum Fair and Citywide Summit: Be on planning team, lead a workshop, volunteer, promote.
- Political Education Series: Help develop political education materials, events, political theater, actions.
- Mobilizations: Help develop strategy, talking points, demonstration materials, and do outreach.
- After-School Specials: Plan one-time events (screenings, panels, etc.).
- Coalition work: Represent TAG at coalition group meetings such as One Voice, PCAPS, and others. Table at conferences.
- TAG Liaisons: Organize at your school by promoting TAG events, sharing articles, facilitating discussions, bringing colleagues to TAG events.
Benefits of TAG membership
- Be part of a group that expands your capacity to effect change.
- Have a voice in the direction of the organization’s work.
- Develop your skills as an educator and an activist.
- Influence decisions that affect you, your school, your students, and the city.
- Have access to our listserv to find allies for your interests/ projects leadership skills.
- Be part of committed and like-minded community.