Early in 2016, there is an incredible opportunity to change the landscape of education in Philadelphia. Imagine electing a teacher union leadership committed to actively struggling for social justice through strengthening democracy and empowering teachers across the city.
The Teacher Action Group stands in solidarity with the Caucus of Working Educators, a caucus within the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers (PFT) organizing for transformation of our public schools. The Caucus envisions a democratic and transparent member-driven teachers union. They are running a slate of inspiring candidates in the upcoming PFT elections in winter of 2016.
Whether you are a member of the PFT or not, please join us to support the work of WE, especially in this critical time!
- Become a member of the caucus and encouraging your colleagues to join (community allies who are not members of the PFT are also welcome to join).
- Read and share WE’s platform and build relationships with people around you who connect to its vision.
- Attend a WhoAreWE Session:
- Host a #WhoAreWE session for your colleagues within and beyond your school (contact: kelleycollings@
gmail.com for information).
- #OccupyTheSRC on December 18, 2015 @ 5:00 PM, 440 N. Broad. Show your support for our schools, students, and teachers.
- Fundraise and donate to support the election campaign. Join us for one (or more!) of the following fundraising events:
- Friday, December 18th: House Party, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, December 22nd 5:00PM: “Meet the Slate Fundraiser”, Son’s of American Legion Squadron #366 Loudenslager, 7976 Oxford Ave.
- Saturday, December 26th: Painting with a Twist, email contact@
- Wednesday, December 30th: “Party for your Right to Fight” (Host: Kelley Collings), 441 W. Earlham Terr.
- Organize every PFT member to vote in the 2016 election.
- Help flyer at every school in Philadelphia (contact kelleycollings@gmail.
com for information about getting materials and locations)