The Teacher Action Group stands in solidarity with the Caucus of Working Educators, a caucus within the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers (PFT) organizing for transformation of our public schools. The Caucus envisions a democratic and transparent member-driven teachers union. They are running a slate of inspiring candidates in the upcoming PFT elections in winter of 2016.
Whether you are a member of the PFT or not, please join us to support the work of WE, especially in this critical time!
- Become a member of the caucus and encouraging your colleagues to join (community allies who are not members of the PFT are also welcome to join).
- Read and share WE’s platform and build relationships with people around you who connect to its vision.
- Attend a WhoAreWE Session:
- Host a #WhoAreWE session for your colleagues within and beyond your school (contact: kelleycollings@
gmail.com for information).
- #OccupyTheSRC on December 18, 2015 @ 5:00 PM, 440 N. Broad. Show your support for our schools, students, and teachers.
- Fundraise and donate to support the election campaign. Join us for one (or more!) of the following fundraising events:
- Friday, December 18th: House Party, e-mail email@example.com
- Tuesday, December 22nd 5:00PM: “Meet the Slate Fundraiser”, Son’s of American Legion Squadron #366 Loudenslager, 7976 Oxford Ave.
- Saturday, December 26th: Painting with a Twist, email contact@
- Wednesday, December 30th: “Party for your Right to Fight” (Host: Kelley Collings), 441 W. Earlham Terr.
- Organize every PFT member to vote in the 2016 election.
- Help flyer at every school in Philadelphia (contact kelleycollings@gmail.
com for information about getting materials and locations)