You know what’s at stake:
• The Doomsday Budget is still in effect — with thousands of our colleagues laid off from our schools and essential programs still cut.
• The School District is pretending like we can open our schools in September, even as we all know it will be impossible and dangerous with our schools stripped down to such barebones.
• The Governor, State Legislature, and top Philly CEO’s are taking aim at our profession, forcing deep concessions from the new PFT contract, and trying to break the strength and future of the teachers union.
• A whole new set of schools will be on the chopping block next year.
THIS IS NOT TIME FOR BUSINESS AS USUAL. We must learn how to be stronger and more effective organizers if we are going to confront the massive attack on public education, wrestle back control, and create schools that are in line with our values.
Organizer Training: Getting Skills to Save our Schools
Wednesday, July 17th
1:30 – 4:30pm
4233 Chestnut St (Media Mobilizing Project offices)
Facilitated by lead organizers from the Philly Student Union
Register Here — it’s Free!
Come learn how to:
- Be a more effective speaker on the issues we’re facing
- Have intentional “organizing conversations” in order to move people to get involved and take greater action
- Build more power at your school and in your community
- Talk to coworkers, administrators, parents, students, politicians and community members
This will also get you ready for the summer doorknocking that TAG is doing with the PFT and PCAPS.