Register Today! / Volunteers, Tablers, Workshop Proposals: Click here!
This year’s conference will build the power and impact of on-the-ground educators across Philadelphia by creating space for you to learn, connect with each other and develop the skills necessary to transform education in our city, both within classrooms and beyond those walls.
Keynote Address (10:00-10:45) Lois Weiner, author of The Future of Our Schools, is a life-long teacher union activist and educator and has been an officer of three union locals. She is internationally known for her work on urban teacher education and is a powerful voice for the possibility of teacher unions to transform public education landscapes.
Tables with curriculum resources (10:45-11:15): These will also be available throughout the day.
Morning Workshops (11:15-12:45):
- Black Music As Rebellion
- Removing the Blindfold from the Elephant in the Box under the Rug: Valuing Multicultural Identities in Schools
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Telling Untold Stories in the Fight for Public Education
- Freak Ladies Fight Back: How art can help us liberate our souls and liberate our peoples
- Youth Art & Self-empowerment Project
Lunch Time Meet-Ups (1:00-1:30):
- Social Studies
- ELL & Bilingual
- Charter Accountability/Organizing
- WE Caucus
- TAG Future Leaders
Afternoon Workshops (1:45-3:15):
- VISUAL THINKING: think + draw + learn
- History Making Productions: Learning Through Media
- The Power of Student Voice
- Teacher Facilitated Professional Inquiry Groups
- Listen Up!: Youth-Produced Media in the Classroom
- School Discipline 101: Know Your Rights!
See you there!