TAG is excited to present 2016’s Inquiry to Action Groups. ItAGs bring together educators, parents, students, and community members to focus on topics related to social justice in education, and to take action connected to what they learned. ItAGs create a space for us to explore, imagine, and work towards creating the schools our students deserve.
Listed here are descriptions of NINE ItAGs, which will convene across the city in the coming months:
- African American History Curriculum
- Countering Racial Capitalism for a Just City
- Creating Grassroots Curriculum
- Cultivating a Mindful Classroom
- Feminism is for Everybody
- History and Memory of the 1981 Teachers’ Strike
- Math and Social Justice
- Questioning the World
- Reclaiming Assessment, Classrooms, and Leadership: Responding to High-Stakes Testing and the Future of Assessment Reforms
Then join us at 6:00 on FEBRUARY 11 at SCIENCE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY (55 N. 22nd Street) for a PUBLIC LAUNCH and a chance to meet the facilitators.
Spread the word! Share the ItAGs list and registration widely, and join the movement for educational equity and justice in Philadelphia: @TAGphilly; #ItAGs16; #PHLed; www.facebook.com/tagphilly.
For more information, reach out to us at email@example.com.