TAG is excited to present 2016’s Inquiry to Action Groups. ItAGs bring together educators, parents, students, and community members to focus on topics related to social justice in education, and to take action connected to what they learned. ItAGs create a space for us to explore, imagine, and work towards creating the schools our students deserve.
Listed here are descriptions of NINE ItAGs, which will convene across the city in the coming months:
- African American History Curriculum
- Countering Racial Capitalism for a Just City
- Creating Grassroots Curriculum
- Cultivating a Mindful Classroom
- Feminism is for Everybody
- History and Memory of the 1981 Teachers’ Strike
- Math and Social Justice
- Questioning the World
- Reclaiming Assessment, Classrooms, and Leadership: Responding to High-Stakes Testing and the Future of Assessment Reforms
Register for ItAGs now!
Then join us at 6:00 on FEBRUARY 11 at SCIENCE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY (55 N. 22nd Street) for a PUBLIC LAUNCH and a chance to meet the facilitators.
Spread the word! Share the ItAGs list and registration widely, and join the movement for educational equity and justice in Philadelphia: @TAGphilly; #ItAGs16; #PHLed; www.facebook.com/tagphilly.
For more information, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early in 2016, there is an incredible opportunity to change the landscape of education in Philadelphia. Imagine electing a teacher union leadership committed to actively struggling for social justice through strengthening democracy and empowering teachers across the city.
The Teacher Action Group stands in solidarity with the Caucus of Working Educators
, a caucus within the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers
(PFT) organizing for transformation of our public schools. The Caucus envisions a democratic and transparent member-driven teachers
union. They are running a slate of inspiring candidates in the upcoming PFT elections in winter of 2016.
Whether you are a member of the PFT or not, please join us to support the work of WE, especially in this critical time!
- Become a member of the caucus and encouraging your colleagues to join (community allies who are not members of the PFT are also welcome to join).
- Read and share WE’s platform and build relationships with people around you who connect to its vision.
- Attend a WhoAreWE Session:
- Host a #WhoAreWE session for your colleagues within and beyond your school (contact: email@example.com for information).
- #OccupyTheSRC on December 18, 2015 @ 5:00 PM, 440 N. Broad. Show your support for our schools, students, and teachers.
- Fundraise and donate to support the election campaign. Join us for one (or more!) of the following fundraising events:
- Friday, December 18th: House Party, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, December 22nd 5:00PM: “Meet the Slate Fundraiser”, Son’s of American Legion Squadron #366 Loudenslager, 7976 Oxford Ave.
- Saturday, December 26th: Painting with a Twist, email email@example.com
- Wednesday, December 30th: “Party for your Right to Fight” (Host: Kelley Collings), 441 W. Earlham Terr.